August 29, 2011
Here are my top ten habits to gain children’s respect.
- Let children know you care about them
- Have age-appropriate and realistic expectations of children.
- Show consideration and respect to children. They will return what is modeled.
- Do admit and apologize if you have done something wrong.
- Have fun every day.
- Avoid comparing children.
- Avoid discussing children’s misdeeds with other children.
- Discipline in a way that is consistent and fair.
- Make sure children really understand why they are being punished. Give children a chance to explain their part if necessary.
- Avoid threats and follow through on consequences.